Supplement Solutions: MLS Low-Moisture Tubs
17.03.2021 0 Comments
As parts of the country still has some winter lingering around, some of us are heading into spring. Either way producers still need to supplement for the various stages of the production cycle they may be in! MLS Low-Moisture Tubs have a few more Supplement Solution(s) to share with you…
Critical Nutrition 24/7 Available to your Herd
- Every cow in your herd has the chance to get supplementation with MLS tubs as it is always available, as a self-fed offering, opposed to fighting over dry feed when the feed truck comes through.
- Unrestricted availability also allows cattle that may have higher nutritional needs like timid, sick, younger, or sometimes even older cows, to always have access to supplement.
- With continuous availability, MLS tubs are there when you can’t be, like when managing through inclement weather events that make it difficult or impossible to access your pastures and your cattle.
- Every cow, every lick, every day helps deliver the same amount of supplement to meet daily requirements across the entire herd.
- Uniform and consistent intake allows producers to predictably achieve targeted consumption by managing the number of head per tub for each pasture. This not only allows you to know how long supplement will last in each pasture but will also provide accurate expected supplement costs.
- When delivering feed additives with a self-fed supplement, uniform consumption is an absolute must for effective feed additive and improved cattle performance. Common feed additives that help enhanced fiber digestion, fly control, improve gut health or preparing immune function are only fully realized when every individual animal is getting their required amount.
Low Input = Maximum Benefit
- Low Input is proactive and helps you avoid any sort of “Catch Up” that may be required if your forages run out of gas during the grazing period. This can save you from expensive feed programs down the road to get your cattle back in shape and will limit issues with overall herd health and avoiding lost revenue by maintaining timely rebreeding.
- The first little bit of supplement is what makes the biggest difference! Forages can vary widely throughout the grazing season. MLS tubs are not intended to replace the nutrition that your forages provide, but rather to help cattle extract as much energy and nutrients from the forage base as possible.
- Think of it as “The Law of Diminishing Returns”. The first increments of supplemental nutrients provide the largest responses and as more supplement is fed, the actual amount of benefit starts to diminish. MLS Tubs are positioned on the leading edge of the curve. Provision of key nutrients in small quantities to help stimulate rumen fermentation and fiber digestion is most often more economical and just the right amount, to help cows maintain body condition, produce a healthy calf and rebreed on time.
- Beef cows will adapt to the nutrition program they are offered. MLS tubs help balance out your forage deficiencies at certain times of the year, but they do not create a higher, artificial plane of nutrition that would support higher animal requirements like when large amounts of hand-fed supplements or byproducts are fed. MLS tubs will help maintain your cow herd genetics stay within the limits of your forage base and not create issues with providing additional supplemental feed that could for example, result in added milk production that is unsustainable with typical forage quality and supplies on your operation.